Marin's first CLEANTECH SUMMIT was a standing room only event at VenturePad!
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: GIL FRIEND
Chief Sustainability Officer—City of Palo Alto; Sustainable Business Movement co-founder; Sustainability Hall of Fame inaugural member.
This half day gathering of leaders in business and agencies, cleantech execs and new economy activists in Marin focused on:
- Gathering clean technology’s most influential leaders in the Bay Area – corporate executives, business and building owners, start-up and growth company CEOs, investors, government agencies, and other players – from across all areas of resource innovation.
- Identifying and promoting top opportunities in renewable energy, electrified transportation, smart buildings, micro-grids and infrastructure for business to improve their competitive and market positions
- Showcasing local and regional innovators who could have major impact.
- Promoting, informing, inspiring and activating business and cleantech leaders to propel a clean economy in Marin
- Getting updates and aligning business activities and strategies with State, County (Project Drawdown) and city climate action plans, regulations, legislation, and incentives.
Our Summit built upon the successful model of last October’s Sustainable Enterprise Conference, where business and community leaders and activists gathered for a day of learning, networking, deals, inspiration and activation. In this CleanTech Summit, we gave you a glimpse of the future, got you out of your everyday silos, provided a different perspective, connected disparate entities and individuals with each other, and helped you find relevant innovations that are adjacent or altogether different industrial and technology areas.
- Entrepreneurs: The start-ups and innovators on the front lines of sustainable innovation.
- Corporate: Representatives from the area’s corporate enterprises, business and building owners.
- Financial Investors: Representatives from financial firms along with the angels and family offices looking to make a sustainable impact and financial return.
- Innovation Leaders: The Marin ecosystem is completed with the presence of public sector officials and programs specialized in helping cleantech and resource innovation, and by lawyers and bankers, thinkers and innovation visionaries.